Thursday 2 January 2014

The Appreciation Journal

Last week P went to Sydney for some well deserved R&R with 2 dear friends of his. I say well deserved R&R because you can appreciate how stressful it is, leaving your wife and three kids and also the waiting to begin screwing someone else starting a wonderful grand romance with your soul mate must be.

But I digress, these dear friends, are actually both very lovely people.

When P returned, he brought back 2 gifts they had given me - a pot of divine jam, and a journal.

I knew the plans for this journal straight away. I had read about them, and a friend does something similar.

An Appreciation Journal.

I think even if I was still living with my husband, being more appreciative of the bounty that life brings us would still be a valuable exercise. However, more so now when I can have periods where things just feel so dark/hopeless/sad/frustrating/lonely/tiring.

So last night I started. And it felt good. Because despite the heart break and the tough lonely times, I am lucky enough to live in a country where my right to function in the society is not determined by my marital status. There really is much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment