The first day was perfect - it was one of those days when everything worked really well in the morning - we even managed to leave the house looking like it hadn't just been raided by the Feds. I joked to my colleagues that it could only go down from here!
As I walked back into the office on Monday morning I genuinely felt glad to be back. Several people through the week commented on how well I was looking, and someone actually said I had a spring in my step!
I'm enjoying being back at work where I have a degree of autonomy and feel like I'm contributing towards something. Plus it works that I work with some really good people.
I met all the KPIs I had set myself for a relatively successful week:
- All leaving the house looking relatively respectable!
- Me getting dressed without agonising over what to wear thanks to a culled and organised wardrobe (but let's see how long that lasts!)
- No wondering what to make for dinner thanks to my menu plan!
- Me being able to take lunch into work every day (thanks to above mentioned menu plan)
- No spontaneous crying or surprising emotions at work!
So all in all, my first week went well!
Bring on week no. 2.