Sunday 6 September 2015

A Modern (or is that Post Modern?) Father's Day

Firstly, Happy Father's Day to the dads, mums, grandparents, whatever - to all the good role models out there who have taken on an important role on loving and being a good role model to children.

Today is my second Father's Day as a separated mum. Yesterday afternoon the kids were picked up by their dad, his partner and her children, with the usual items, along with their Father's day presents and cards that they had both made and purchased from Target.

This morning I had an early morning breakfast with my partner at his place, before I walked the dog, then met my dear friend and single mum for coffee with her two kids before we went to the gym. Then I came home and applied for our divorce online.

I quite like the irony of applying for divorce on Father's Day. It wasn't intentional, but I like it none the less!


No comments:

Post a Comment